WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and process the following information in electronic and/or physical from you:
If you are interested in enrolling and/or registering your child into XCL Education Group, the following information below may be collected from you.
- Your and/or your child’s personal information such as names, title, postal address, email address, phone number, dates of birth, gender, occupation information, government-issued ID information, visa information, etc.
- Admissions and enrollment information, including information you have provided on your child’s application forms and during the enrollment process, i.e. your child’s educational background, grades, courses taken, references, your child’s interests, information from educational institutions attended previously, etc.
- Your child’s health information and background include immunisation records, health issues, medical restrictions and disabilities, emotional, physical and other health needs.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION?
We use the information collected from you in the following ways:
- To assess and process the admission of students
- To provide education services to students, including administering the school curriculum and timetable, monitoring academic progress and educational needs, administration of students’ entries for relevant local or international statutory authorities or exam boards
- To contact the student’s next of kin in case of an emergency
- To care for the medical needs of students
- To comply with legislation and regulatory or security-related requirements
- To ensure the management of operations, including the compilation of students’ records, management of school property, security and safety arrangements, management planning and forecasting, statistical analysis, and other operational purposes
- To promote the school through its websites, prospectus, and other publications and communications (including our social media channels)
- To administer graduation and alumni-related events
- To process your payments, including providing billing to you, maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit/debit card details, and facilitating payments of any amount due to us and collect any sums in arrears dues
- Any other purposes that are necessary or related to your relationship with us.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to request access to, request for a copy of, and request to update or correct your data held by us. You also have the right at any time to withdraw your consent for the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control, subject to our right to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and/or disclose your personal data.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). To ensure that your personal data is current, complete, and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing us in writing or via email at the contact details provided on our website.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
We will not transfer personal data outside Singapore, and information should only be transferred to a third party. If the school is satisfied, the data will be protected and secured.
If you provide us with personal data over the Internet, you should be aware that data transmission via this medium cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will take all reasonable efforts to protect such personal data, you acknowledge that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data provided by these means, and you provide it to us at your own risk. Once received, we have appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the data on our servers.
IP ADDRESS INFORMATION
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration purposes and to help us improve the Site. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by websites that you visit. We use them to help us collect statistical information about how visitors use the Site to help us improve the Site. They do not allow us to identify you personally.
If you use a different web browser, please contact the browser maker for instructions on disabling cookies. Please note that some aspects of the Site and other websites may stop working if you disable cookies in your browser.
We may revise this policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this policy was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 22/04/2021
Last updated: 22/04/2021